Ten Tips for Using the Law of Attraction
By Sharon Pearson, CEO, The Coaching Institute
- Your thoughts create your reality. If you think thoughts of lack, self-doubt, poverty, ill-health etc then this is what you will experience in your life.
- If you are not sure what your thoughts are, then simply ask yourself ‘How do I feel?- If you feel yukky, this is your indicator that your thoughts are not aligned with creating an extraordinary life.
- If you notice too many negative thoughts, and don’t know how to change them, to get you started write down as many things that you are grateful for as possible. Each day reflect on this list with genuine gratitude.
- Appreciation is the antidote of fear. Appreciate each and every day, and everyone that is in it.
- Take responsibility for changing your thoughts. I found this very difficult in the beginning, because I was so used to the negative thoughts. i was kinda hooked on them, because I layed the victim! When I chose to take responsibility for them, no exceptions, my thoughts started to change.
- Write down your goals very clearly. Use the SMART model if it helps.
a. S – Simple, specific
b. M – Measurable
c. A – Attractive, stated ‘as if’ you already have it
d. R – Realistic
e. T – Timed – when will it be in your life?
For example, “It is Christmas 2007 and I am standing on the balcony of my beach house with my family, having enjoyed an exciting, fun and rewarding year. I have banked $__________, invested $__________, and feel wonderful.”
- Think about your goals daily, and with feelings of appreciation for them being in your life – your mind does not know the difference between the reality outside of you and the reality in your mind.
- Never, ever, ever give up on the dream. Get more determined, every day, to experience your goals in your life.
- Read everything you can on how others have achieved their goals, and if it suits you, do what they did.
- Act. Nothing can replace action. One step, each day, towards the achievement of your goals will bring them into your life. Don’t have ‘spurts’ of action then nothing for days or weeks. Do something, every day, no exceptions, even if it’s just to think about how good you feel having this goal in your life.