The law of thinking states that whatever your main state of mind is, it will be reflected in the external world.
If your thinking is mainly positive, it means that your life is quite positive and mainly positive events happen in your life. If you entertain depressing and fearful thoughts, then your external reality is a reflection of that.
If you change your state of mind, you will change your reality.
Your surroundings is the best measurement to show what your usual mood is. If you are an angry person, you will encounter many angry people and your surroundings will be unsatisfactory.
If you are very happy, you will be surrounded by positive friends and family and your life will be full of positive experiences.
The benefits of the law of thinking
By using the law of thinking you will:
- Consciously create your reality
- Prevent yourself from getting stuck in problems
- Understand the causes of your current results
- Produce only great outcomes
- Improve health as a result of the positive state of mind
How to use the law of thinking
Now as you know that thinking affects your external world, you will try not to entertain negative thoughts. You can do that by trying to consciously control what you are thinking about.
You should not dwell on negative thoughts because they will manifest at some point in your life. Try to dwell only on thoughts that you would like to come into your reality.
The same applies to words. You should never say anything aloud that you do not want to manifest.
How to consciously solve any problem
When you try to solve a problem with frustration you will get results that will create more frustration.
If you encounter some problem and are unable to solve it, just leave it alone for a while. When you come back to it with a fresh mind, the problem will either be solved or you will be given a new way to view the situation.
The reason why you cannot solve any problem with negativity is because your anger and frustration block you from seeing some of the crucial aspects of the problem that would solve it. You only see negative aspects of a situation because you are negative.
If you need to solve a problem quickly and have no time to leave it aside, then try this technique. When you encounter some problem, acknowledge exactly what kind of problem you are experiencing and completely surrender to it. You will be surprised how quickly the change will happen and that situation will be solved.
This is because by understanding the situation and not resisting it, you will be in a positive or neutral state of mind. That, in turn, will give only positive energy to any action you take. Therefore whatever way you try to solve the problem will be the right way.
Law of thinking in daily living
Some people undertake daily tasks with boredom and unhappiness. But that is why their reality is boring and unhappy. That is very easy to understand once you take a close look at the way they live.
Try to catch yourself in your daily activities to assess from what state of mind you are working.
It does not only apply to the daily tasks but to your whole behaviour. If you interact with external world being in the positive state of mind, you will not encounter any big problems and you will be in the flow of life.
If you interact with external reality by resisting and fighting, you will encounter many difficulties and think that life is unfair.
That is why it is true when some say that only you are responsible for your results. If you are not doing well, it is you to blame. I know it sound harsh, but that is the reality.
If you do not like your current situation, you can change it by changing your inner state of mind.
The law of thinking is one of the most important universal laws because by consciously applying it your life can change instantly. When you become positive, you will no longer get unsatisfactory results or suffer from problems that you cannot overcome.
The law of thinking gives you an opportunity to consciously create life full of happiness and success. All it requires from you is to stop dwelling on negative thoughts and focus on positive thinking instead.
Universal Laws and Principles – The Recipe for Life
John A. Smith
What is your experience of life? Do you experience life as a set of random events in which you have little say and control? If you do, you form part of the majority of people who live as victims of life, having life happen to them. In a previous article we touched on the fact that although most people tend to live this way, there is a growing group of people who, instead of struggling to make a living, are having fun designing their lives. What makes the difference between these two groups of people? Is the one group having more luck than the other? The reality is that luck has nothing to do with it. Instead, the second group, having fun designing their lives, have discovered one of the greatest secrets to a happy and successful life – the fact that instead of simply being a set of random events, every aspect of life is governed and its outcome determined by the understanding and implementation of the Universal Laws and Principles. As much as there are natural, physical laws that govern the order of the universe such as the Law of Gravity, there are Universal, Cosmic or Spiritual Laws and Principles that govern the order of life. In this article we will examine some of these Laws and Principles and the role each play in determine the outcome of life.
Before we look at these Laws and Principles, it is important to understand what we mean by these terminologies.
Law – a binding rule. There is nothing you can do to change it. It is immutable. Violating a law contains inherent harm, suffering or punishment. Obeying a law contains inherent benefit, reward or blessing. The suffering we experience as a result of violating these Laws should serve as feed-back; lessons that we need to learn in order to change what we do in order to change the outcome.
Principle – the underlying cause of an outcome. If you do something a certain way, you can virtually predict the outcome.
These Laws and Principles are not intended to dictate to, or control you. They are intended to inform and enlighten you as to the way things work. You also need to be careful not to look at the workings of these Laws and Principles as purely mechanical. Your will, desires and attitude also play a role in the creation of your life circumstances, situations and events, as well as influence those of others. The purpose of this article is to inspire you to look at life in a new way and to assist during some of the more uncertain times in your life, when you need answers to help provide some solutions.
It is important to understand that the application or implementation of each Universal Law activates an inherent Principle. The outcome of your life is directly determined by your knowledge and implementation of these Universal Laws and Principles. “You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
Although we cannot necessarily arrange the Universal Laws and Principles in order of importance, it is safe to say that the Law of Cause and Effect is seen as the most basic of all Universal Laws. The Law of Cause and Effect implies that nothing exists or is experienced independently or capriciously. Every situation, circumstance or event was created by a cause. Every cause creates an effect. The only way you can bring a change in whatever it is that you are experiencing, which is the effect, is to change the cause.
Following is a list of some of the Universal Laws that if correctly applied and implemented will activate their inherent principles which in turn will create causes leading to effects – the situations, circumstances or events in your life.
- The Law of Mind – The condition of your mind or consciousness (thoughts, will and emotions), positive or negative, will determine the condition of your life, positive or negative. A positive, empowering mind will create positive cause leading to positive effect, in turn determining the quality of the situations, circumstances or events in your life.
- The Law of Attraction – Your thoughts attract to you those things that correspond with the quality of your thoughts, positive or negative. Positive thoughts attract positive situations, circumstances or events. Negative thoughts attract negative situations, circumstances or events.
- The Law of Thought – You become what you think. Whatever thoughts you entertain over a period of time (in your conscious mind) will eventually settle as beliefs (in your subconscious mind) and will control the outcome of your life. The only way to change disempowering beliefs into empowering beliefs is to discontinue keeping your mind busy with disempowering thoughts and deliberately start thinking empowering thoughts.
- The Law of Belief – Whatever your belief about anything (in your subconscious mind) will eventually create according to that belief (according to the Law of Attraction). Essentially, your beliefs consist of your internal dialogue – what you inadvertently say to yourself about the situation – and your imagination – the picture you inadvertently hold in your mind about the situation. One way in which you can become aware of your beliefs is by observing your reality and paying attention to what comes out of your mouth.
- The Law of Expectation – Whatever you expect (created by the belief in your subconscious mind) will create according to the expectation. Do not confuse expectation (which is subconscious) with wants and wishes. Wants and wishes very seldom come true as they are usually based on a sense of lack, which according to the Law of Attraction will create more lack. Every person has expectations, whether of something positive or negative, creating circumstance, situations or events accordingly.
- The Law of Acceptance – There is a saying, “whatever you resist will persist”. The reason for this is that whatever you focus on will remain, as focus feeds any situation with energy. Acceptance, not to be confused with capitulation or denial, but a conscious decision to accept the fact that something is the way that it is without attributing value to it, takes the focus off the situation, making it subject to change.
- The Law of Focus – Whatever you focus on in your thinking, positive or negative, is what you continue feeding energy. The object of your focus becomes magnified and will remain. Instead, acknowledge the presence of the situation with the understanding that it is subject to change and move your focus on what you desire. The moment you remove you focus from the negative situation, you allow for change in the situation. By focusing on what you desire, according to the Law of Attraction, you will create more of what you are focusing on.
- The Law of Forgiveness or Release – Unforgiveness holds you to the person or situation you won’t forgive or release – you are the one that suffers. Forgiveness simply implies letting go of the emotion attached to the issue. You know that you have forgiven when you can think of the person or event without feeling the negative emotion.
- The Law of Love – Love (unconditional acceptance) is always reciprocal. The more you love, not necessarily only the experiencing of the emotion, but the acceptance of the person as created in the image and likeness of God (separating the persons’ actions from their being), the more you will be loved in the same way.
- The Law of Gratitude – Whatever you are grateful for for, you will experience more of. The Laws of Focus and Attraction work together in this instance. Starting the day with an Attitude of Gratitude sets the mood for a positive experience fo the rest of the day, in spite of perceived negative situations.
The million dollar question should now be, “how do I apply and implement these Laws and Principles?” In another article we will learn how to do just that. For now, it is important to develop a knowledge and understanding of the Laws and Principles mentioned above. It is important to understand that there are many, many more of these Laws and Principles, literally for every aspect of life. Once learnt and implemented, you will no longer feel a victim, but become a designer of your life. Enjoy the journey!